Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Welcome to My Life of Humility

There is an old story that I'd like to share:
Amish women have been making hand-stitched quilts for centuries.
They get a great deal of practice and can make beautiful and PERFECT stitches.
However, each quilt includes at least one mistake.
Each woman includes this mistake as a Mark of Humility,
since Only GOD can create something that is Perfect.

My sister and I have often joked about our "marks of Humilty"
in any craft work, cooking, baking etc. that we do.
I realized recently that having a wonderful husband, children,
pets, and great friends...MY WHOLE LIFE should be a Mark of Humility.
I Am Humbled by the Blessings of my life...And I'm Ready to Blog about it!
(I think)

9 comments:

  1. How COOL, I'm your very first commenter EVER!? How cool is that!

    Congrats on starting a blog. You will soon become addicted and have to resort to low carb bars yourself. ;)

    Thanks so much for coming by my blog and commenting. I especially was touched by your comment that you love the variety on my blog. That is something that I sometimes grapple with, because my blog can be all over the map! So, I'm glad to hear that that is appealing to someone.

    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, now you've got three comments! Coming by way of Dawn! Congrats on your entry into this crazy world of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, You did it! You started your blog!
    Yay you!
    I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Congrats on starting a blog. It can be so very, very addicting.

    So a big fat welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jck, Suburbancorrespondent, Manic Mom, Jill and Jules,
    I'm So Glad you stopped by!
    I'm not sure if this whole thing will be good for my housework quotient, but what the heck!
    God Bless You All, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I popped over from JCK's blog. What a lovely story about the Amish quilts....I have long admired Amish quilts and yet I don't think I had heard that about the mark of humility. Happy new Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations and welcome to this wild and crazy world of blogging!!

    I think that I'm the first male to comment (yea me!)

    I look forward to visiting you on a regular basis, and hope not to get banned. :)

    In all seriousness, I think that you will enjoy it, as for the housework... isn't that what kids are for? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the wise decision to start keeping up with some of your life here in blogland. I'm looking forward to finding out what other really cool things we have in common!

    Now if I can just convince you to remlove that silly word verification thing I'll feel like I've done a good day's work. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome!
Please leave me your thoughts.

I really do like to hear from you!
I'm just getting the hang of all this
"Bloggy" stuff, but I'll try to get back
to each of you when I can!