Monday, October 13, 2008

A Dream Come True!

Saturday, October 12, 1996


The day my dreams came true!

Yes, Lovey and I were married on

Columbus Day...

and it has truely been a

Voyage of Discovery!


We met in August of 1995

when I was teaching a summer art program

that his son was attending.

He was the first one there and the last to leave.

It took us about an hour and a half to finally

leave that Friday when the class ended...

He DID ask for my number!!!

I was on cloud nine.

We went out to dinner shortly thereafter...

(The Chinese Place we went to is Still our

favorite restaurant...

we go there every New Years Eve)...

We became nearly inseparable.

I met his family in early November,

He met mine the next week at an early

Thanksgiving celebration...

He proposed on Thanksgiving Weekend...

Got down on one knee and everything!

What a guy!


I knew he was the man for me

because we spent so much time

talking about our Faith...

God has Always been at the Center

of our relationship.

He is sweet, kind, helpful, romantic...

AND a Great Daddy...

It doesn't get any better than that.


Four years after we were married,

Lovey entered the Roman Catholic Church.

He is dedicated and strong...

and he is my

Knight (of Columbus) in Shining Armor!


I smiled so much that day...that when I woke up in the morning

my cheeks and neck were sore!...Can you tell???

Today, I'm a bit heavier...

and his hair is a bit grey-er...

But I love him more today than I did

the day we were married...

and I didn't realize back then

That it was even Possible!

PS. I didn't get this post up yesterday,

because we were walking in the

Philadelphia Columbus Day Parade.

We handed out Hundreds of Rosary Beads

and accompanied a beautiful statue of

The Blessed Virgin Mary.

What a Day!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!! I will NEVER forget it. Since that is my birthdate! In fact, I turned 29 on your special day.

    Here's to at least another 12 years!! Make it 48! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute couple - Happy Anniversary - I hope it was fabulous!

    Take care - Kellan

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! Nice pictures and a marriage with God as a partner usually turns out pretty happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! A bit late, but still heart-felt congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome!
Please leave me your thoughts.

I really do like to hear from you!
I'm just getting the hang of all this
"Bloggy" stuff, but I'll try to get back
to each of you when I can!